What to Expect When You’ve Ordered a Writing Project
Because of this, the biggest delay most of our new clients experience can be greatly reduced if you approve of content or request revisions as soon as we send you our first samples. The faster you reply, the sooner we can get everything perfected for you, and then we’ll pick up the pace, with our goal being to write approximately 1,000 words per business day.
- Order is placed and writing details and requirements are sent.
- Project is set up in our project management software, Basecamp, and work scope is organized for the writer. (1 business day)
- Each order placed has its own ‘ticket,’ or set of linked tabs, in Basecamp, so all work for that project is in one place. This is where we manage all projects and document all work.
- You will be given access to each of your projects in Basecamp.
- Using Basecamp tickets for project communication is preferable to email because it keeps a record of communications, and the writer and editor can be kept in the loop on any requests or feedback. For example, if you have a particular word or phrase you use (or avoid), the writer will know to use it and the editor will know not to change it.
- The writer will upload each piece of content to the ticket and you will have a chance to respond with feedback using messages in Basecamp. When a message is posted, you will receive a notification via email and can simply reply to the email and your reply will post to the ticket, and everyone included in the original notification will be notified of the reply.
- Writer selection begins. (2 to 3 business days)
- Writer selection is complete. The writer usually needs 2 business days to clear their schedule and/or complete research to get started.
- Writing begins—approximately 5th or 6th business day from the order date.
- Writing starts with two pieces of content, which you then approve or give feedback on for revisions.
- Writing is revised (if needed) then sent off to editing for a final look to catch any grammar, typos, or writing issues.
- Additional writing continues at a pace of approx. 1,000 words per day (depending on revisions needed for previous pages that are written).
- Generally, you’ll start receiving content to review within 5 to 7 business days from the day we receive your writing order. We complete 5,000 words of writing over 1.5 to 2 weeks if you’re able to approve content quickly.
Writing Additional FAQs
We don’t collect bookmarking links because we bookmark so many links that would take several hours per URL to track and document. I can however give you the site names of where the bookmarks will be coming from (see list below). There will be a mix and match from these various sites. We try not to keep a pattern so it looks natural normal.
- Bookmarking Sites
Social Sharing Sites
Press Release Projects – What to Expect
We need to have both the questionnaire and payment sent to us so that we can start the process of selecting the best writer for your particular needs, and scheduling the project.
If you contract with Content Divas to submit the release to a press release distribution website that’s usually completed within 1 to 2 business days from the time it’s edited. It often takes 1 to 2 business days for the distribution site to review and approve the press release.
- Order is placed and client returns the filled-out info form.
- Project is set up in Basecamp, work scope is organized for the writer, and client receives a link to the ticket. (1 business day)
- Writer selection begins. (1 to 2 business days)
- Writer is selected and writing begins. (Approximately 3rd or 4th business day from the order date)
- Writer uploads unedited PR to the ticket for client to review and send feedback using messages in Basecamp
- Writing is revised (if needed) then sent to editing to catch any grammar, typos or writing issues.
- Edited PR is uploaded to ticket for final client approval.
- If Content Divas has been contracted to do so, we distribute and promote PR.